Friday, April 25, 2014

April A To Z Challenge Day 22- V is for Visit To The Zoo


I was not really fond of visiting zoos. In fact I don't like animals being kept in cages. There is something very disturbing to watch these caged animals being fed at regular intervals leading to the animals losing their natural hunting instincts. But after my daughter was born, the visits to the zoo has increased and now almost every other Sunday, she demands to go to the “Jhoo”. Staying close to the Bannerghatta National Park and Zoo, we just mount our trusted bike and within 20 minutes we are at the zoo.


Sometimes when I walk past the cages holding the animals, I imagine them having a Facepalm moment and exclaiming “Not you guys again!” 
Here are some images that I clicked on my numerous visits there.



























10 comments:

  1. Hahaha I enjoyed the mention of 'Jhoo' and 'Facepalm' thing... I have been to Bannerghatta National Park but haven't been to Banglore Jhoo! Nice photographs. I clicked white tiger too there :D as they are not very much visible in India! Scary these creatures look.
    Elixired

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe ... nice... though I don't quite enjoy zoos but I somehow found seeing Giraffes in Mysore Zoo so happy!

    V for Violated-Random Thoughts Naba

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at the facepalm moment of the animals :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting mention as well as pictures....after a long time I saw the zoo...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice pics prasanna :) nxt tym u cum to shimoga, lets go to jhoo :-D i mean safari ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha good post Prasanna :) U live near the zoo...at Jigani, not far from there is my alma mater SVYASA, the Vivekananda yoga research centre :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I can so relate to your mixed feeling about the zoo Prasanna, and I was also trailing my kids - nuuuuuumerous times ... They just love it don't they?... That tiger is gorgeous btw...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been once to Katraj Zoo in Pune and it was lovely, went for the boat ride..love the birds and tigers as well. Love the pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, the 'Jhoo' visits happen a lot when kids are young! Some nice clicks here, especially the lion pair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah I have been there. I recognized the lions :P beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete