No, this is not a bucket list but rather a list of things I want to accomplish at some point in my life. Ok, fine. It is a bucket list but most of the points mentioned are not great things. They maybe inconsequential but yet, somehow, I have never done them in my life. So without much ado here are the ten things I want to accomplish somewhere in my future.
· Learn swimming. I’m a Piscean, a water body and I don’t know swimming. I’m actually fascinated with swimming but every time I get down in the swimming pool, except for some thrashing around I cannot swim to save my life. I also want to discover the underwater world but for that I would have to swim. Sigh!
· Go to a movie alone- yes, I’m one of those who feel awkward if I have to watch a movie alone. But I want to go out alone, buy a big popcorn packet, a coke and watch the movie without any company.
· Travel alone- so this obviously comes after watching the movie alone and I’ll surely try visiting a new place, discover the new locales at my own leisure and eat whatever I want, wherever I want.
· Write a novel- I have written earlier too, about how I have always wanted to sit down and write a full length novel. Capture the ideas buzzing in my head incessantly. Some day in the future I will surely accomplish this.
· Learn driving. Ok, this might look silly, but I have extreme road fear. When I am travelling as a passenger I literally hold on to the car seat as the driver twists and turns in the traffic. There’s only one way to overcome the fear and that is to place myself in the driver’s seat.
· Meet J K Rowling. Wouldn’t it be awesome, I think I would faint with extreme happiness and overexcitement. Just thinking about that moment makes my heartbeat race. I would like to hear the whole story behind the making of Harry Potter and how she fabricated each character in her mind.
· Learn dancing and enroll myself into a proper dance class. I love dancing and it’s the only form of exercise that I enjoy. When I dance I forget myself, the world I live in and I’m transported into a different world. And that’s the magic of dance for me.
· Build a library of books. This has been a dream but I have never confessed because once, I told this to my friend and he laughed about it. I want to own a place where people can come, pick up a book of their choice, put their feet up, order a coffee or tea, read and discuss about books. I don’t know if this is commercially viable, but I want to have a place where books can be enjoyed in a leisurely manner.
· Take my family on a world tour. Or rather a tour of Europe. I love Europe and its scenic locales. It has been my dream to take my family, especially my mother, who has worked so hard throughout her life on a trip to all the dream destinations in Europe.
· Get into a profession that I love. Well I am in IT now and after a decade I have realized that I am not cut out for IT. Yes, duh! J But I want to find a profession where waking up every Monday and thinking about going for work won’t be a torture.
So this is my bucket list. Is there something that you have always wanted to do, but never did because of a phobia or because of procrastination. Come on, tell me J