Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Book Reading Challenge -2018


Happy New Year 2018.

What I like about new year is that it feels like a fresh beginning, a chance (or at least we fool ourselves into believing it) to forget the mistakes that we did in last year and start a new chapter in life. There’s hope and there’s resolutions. That reminds me the subject of my post.

Resolutions. I have one resolution this year and hope that I stick to it. I’m not good at sticking to something for a long time. I’m keeping it simple, so what I hope to achieve in 2018, is to read more. Yes, that’s it, and given my immense love for books, it should be easy to achieve. I have taken up the Goodreads challenge for 2018 and I am keeping a realistic target of 50 books. What I also want to do is broaden the scope of the books that I read. I usually read books from Crime/Thriller genre and very rarely stray away from this genre.

So I have decided to prepare a reading challenge that will make me explore books from diverse genres. That should make things more interesting, I think. The list was prepared by adapting from the popular Popsugar Reading Challenge and some, I have added my own.


o   A book made into a movie you’ve already seen

o   True crime/or about a real serial killer

o   The next book in a series you started

o   A book where the plot is covered in 24-hours

o   A book with an animal in the title

o   A book with a female author who uses a male pseudonym

o   A book that was published in your year of birth

o   A book that was published in 2018

o   A book that has two authors

o   A book you borrowed or that was given to you as a gift

o   A classic that you’ve always wanted to read but never got around to reading

o   A book that you loved reading when you were a child.

o   A book mentioned in another book

o   A past Goodreads Choice Awards winner

o   A book you meant to read in 2017 but didn’t get to

o   A book that will make you laugh out loud

o   A book that involves a book store or library

o   A book about terrorism

o   A book about criminal psychology

o   A complete book series

o   A book that I’ve not read and has been sitting on my bookshelf for a long time.

 

So that’s my list. I also intend to cover a short review of the books that I read and plan my to-read pile in the beginning of the month. So, as you can see, this is going to be lot of fun! 2018, here I come J 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment