Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Goli Vada Pav in Bangalore


If you want to have a quick bite, something spicy and hot to eat, something not too heavy on your stomach and purse then you must drop in at your nearest Goli Vada Pav shop.




Being a regular customer in Goli Vada Pav shop from the past 4 to 5 months(All credit goes to my husband for taking me to this place the first time), I am totally addicted to their Vada Pav. You can select from the below various options in Vada Pav:


Regular, Schezwan, Cheese, Masala, Tikki, Mix Veg (my favorite), Palak Makkai Vada Pavs.


Apart from Vada pav there is also Cheese ungli(similar to finger chips but stuffed with cheese) , Sabudana Vada and Gappad(never tasted). They have also introduced a new item called "Kathi Paneer" which is basically grated paneer deep fried in oil. The Vada Pavs are priced around 35 to 40 Rs. The place is hygienic and the service is quick too(except for weekend evenings). The Vada pavs are spicy(you should have it with the green chilies dipped in vinegar, provided at the counter). The other items on their menu are nothing much to write about and you may want to give it a miss(especially the Kathi Paneer).


If you stay in South Bangalore, you can visit the Goli Vada Pav shop in Gandhi Bazar(near Ramakrishna Ashrama)or the one in Jayanagar. They have a lot of franchises in Bangalore(I have also been to the one near BTM).


I recommend the Mix Veg, Tikki or the Schezwan Vada Pav and Cheese Ungli. Considering the quality, price, hygiene and the service provided, I'll go with 3.5/5 for the Vada Pav's served at Goli Vada Pav.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Prasanna,
    I was surfing through food blogs based out of Bangalore and came across your wonderful blog.

    I would like to invite you to a preview lunch for one of my clients(a restaurant chain) on the 27th of August,2011.
    We would love to have you come, try our food and write about how you liked/disliked it. Please feel free to bring a friend or family member along with you. If you could share your contact number we would be glad to call you up and provide more details.
    I can be reached at zeeshan.chowdhury@gmail.com 9902220243.

    Regards,
    Zeeshan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zeeshan, thanks for the invite. Being the incurable foodie that I am, I would be interested in the offer. Please mail me the details to "prasanna.sarojini@gmail.com".
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete