Two days after I delivered my baby daughter, I was happy to take my bundle of joy and start the new journey of motherhood in the comfortable confines of my home. But then my pediatrician announced that my baby had developed jaundice. Initially I was terrified but then I came to know that this is common and most of the new born babies’ contract jaundice. We had to extend our stay for couple of days in the hospital as my daughter had to be kept in phototherapy for 24 hours.
I had packed most of my essential things before I got admitted in the hospital, but I realized my blunder when I found that I had completely forgotten to buy feeding night gowns or commonly known as nighty. Now I am not a nighty person, I am a pajama or even a tracksuit kind of person, never in my life have I worn a nighty. But during pregnancy, nighties are most comfortable and practical. Since I couldn’t go out to buy a feeding nighty and I dint trust anyone else to buy the perfect nighty for me, I decided to buy it online.
Till then my online shopping experience was limited to buying books from Flipkart. I was adamant that I wanted a cotton-pajama –kind of material which looked elegant and was still comfortable to wear. So after skimming through a lot of sites I finally liked firstcry.com for the below reasons:
· Firstcry.com offered a lot of varieties in maternity/nursing clothes.
· It was easy to maneuver through the site. Very user-friendly.
· The site provides a roll-over image, where I could see the magnified image of the nighty. I could make out the color, fabric, pattern very clearly.
· The payment option was easy and within few seconds I was able to complete the whole payment process.
· There were lots of other colors available in the same pattern, so I had more choices.
· The feeding nighties were available in different kinds like overlap and side opening/half crop Access and Side Opening. Again I was spoilt for choices.
Below is the image of the nighty that I finally ordered. The product details can be viewed here
|Image source: Firstcry.com|
The cost of the nighty came up to Rs.995 which I thought was a bit costly, but after the nighty was delivered I felt it was worth its cost, because the fabric was really soft and very comfortable.
The delivery took 1 week, but this is probably because the shipping location was Mangalore. I was waiting for a long time before the nighty was finally delivered. After I shifted back to my home in Bangalore, I ordered some teethers/soothers for my baby from the same site and they delivered promptly within a couple of days.
Overall I was happy with the nighty and impressed with the quality. I did order couple of more nighties from firstcry.com. My friends who were kind of enough to visit me during my recovery period complimented me for the nighty :)
Although I shop online regularly, this was the most memorable experience because it was the first time I was ordering from firstcry.com and also because it was the first time I shopped after I delivered my beautiful daughter.