Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Turning Thirty



No, I am not talking about Gul Panag’s movie “Turning Thirty” (now, don’t ask me who Gul Panag is). I am talking about my ominous birthday this month. Yes, I cannot believe I will be thirty this year. I can hear you guys gasp, but it’s OK; everyone turns three-oh someday!


I know we girls are not supposed to disclose our age, but I don’t see what the big deal is about. (And that’s why I am publicly declaring it in a social website). After all it’s just a number :). I don’t feel thirty at all, although few months back I was dreading my impending birthday. In fact I had planned to dig a deep burrow and go underground for the whole of this month. I dint realize how soon time passed and the D-day is already on its way soon.

I remember an episode of “FRIENDS” where Rachel is upset because she turns 30 and her life does not turn out the way she had intended or planned it to be. Well, in my case I have no plans for my life as such (I am not much of a planner, I take things as they come. Truth is I am too lazy to give my brain so much stress required for elaborate life planning.)

The way I see it is, next year this time I will be turning 31, so better enjoy my last of twenty-nine-ish days. In fact I think 30 is a good age to be. You can be sophisticated, smart and people think that you are mature enough to handle your life (so easy to fool people, na?)… So I am planning to have a blast this b’day regardless of how old I will be. Actually I guess I will be stating this even on my 80th b’day (that is, if I am alive to celebrate it).

No comments:

Post a Comment