Sunday, August 4, 2013

Those Were The Best Days of my Life






Playing in the sand,
Without a care in the world for all the dust and grime.
Two small, grubby hands held together
The bond of friendship was forged forever.

Sitting beside each other in the same bench
Laughing and sharing each other’s lunch
We were always one, as thick as thieves,
Two little rascals were we, with always a trick up our sleeves.

Copying notes for each other and giving proxies
We went through college with a song on our lips and eyes full of dreams.
Consoling each other, we even survived through all the heart aches
With tears in our eyes we learnt to laugh at our own mistakes.

When she met the man of her dreams and fell in love
I was a tad jealous because, my place beside her was taken away from me
A fool I was to not see, that friends never part, their bond is for eternity.
Love and friendship are two sides of a coin; both are needed to live happily.

We laughed, we cried, we grew up together,
We loved, we fought, holding hands we learnt to fly free.
We have come a long way, seeing each other through all the lows and highs,
Looking back, that’s when I realize, oh, those were the best days of my life.

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda

4 comments:

  1. hahhahaaa... can't believe, me too written something like this only... for friends... :)
    amazing...
    great...

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nicely written Prasanna... beautiful memories of childhood and friendship :)

    ReplyDelete