Thursday, June 28, 2012

Free from abuse



For ten years my husband slapped, raped and abused me but I suffered silently.

Each day I prayed to God to save me.

But he dint and everyone else turned their face blatantly.

Then I realized God helped them who helped themselves firstly. 

So I took courage and broke all shackles to be free finally. 


 
Often we see or hear about domestic violence that happens in the neighborhood or sometimes even next door. But we choose to ignore it thinking that it’s none of our business. And the woman who is being abused suffers silently thinking that she has no way out. But there is a way. All it takes is a bit of courage to say ‘No, I will not be abused. I will not lose my self respect at the hands of my husband.' All it takes is a little bit of courage to walk out of an abusive relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment