Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Welcoming the New Year

As we step into the New Year, 2011, it is time to take a rear view look into the past year 2010 and find things that went wrong and things that I got right. 2010 has been a year of major changes and to put it in a nutshell, I can summarize it as-“my life has been turned completely upside down”.

I have changed jobs in short span of 1 year, I am now the proud owner of a under-construction 2 BHK flat, I write regularly now (though not as regularly as I want it to be), I am learning new things at my job, I have made new friends and maybe I have changed a wee bit less of an introvert… These are some of the good things that happened in 2010. As for the bad things, I have become less patient and tolerant and more irritable in the past year. I have plans to join meditation classes in the coming year to help me solve my anger management issues. I have serious doubts that this plan will ever see the execution phase.

I have learnt few philosophical things about life too. Just when you think that this is the worst stage in your life and nothing can go worse than this, Bang, there is a more bad news and you are pulled into a quicksand of depression. But through all this life goes on. It pays to hang in there and be optimistic. Life is all about ups and downs and for some of us, it’s more of downs than ups. But hey, this is my life and after every struggle I bravely stand up again, to face the next new hurdle. Life is not about a big moment of magic (which never comes by, so stop waiting for it!), but it’s all those small moments of happiness which really counts.

I have learnt new things about life in the past year and I have understood my priorities. Cheers to the new year,2011 and hope that its better than 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment